Monday, May 15, 2006

Never enough time.

Recently I've realized more and more- I love the type of people who can think beyond the immediate and discuss ideas. And I enjoy the thinking part of school. But a lot of getting by in classes is simply doing the work. And when the work is useful that is fine. When the work helps you learn that's great and expected. But when you do work that doesn't increase your ability to think and understand, doesn't develope skills needed to use the concepts and doesn't have any benifits other than giving a quantification of your "learning" in order to help the teacher grade- then I don't respect the work. And when I cannot respect the work I'm doing I cannot do it well. Looking back through my grades now and in high school there is an obvious trend- if the class helped me learn and the work aided me in aquiring that knowledge then I would have a high grade. If not- then not. And right now I'm finding even though I do learn in class the work I'm doing outside doesn't help me very much. And thus I'm trying to find some motivation to get it done because my grades will likely suffer if I cannot find a reason to motivate me. Now I'm going to go to bed. I've finished all the useful work for tomorrow and I'll catch up on the wasting-time-work after I've wasted time on the more urgent matter of sleep.