Sunday, July 03, 2005

Ammusing pieces of the interview with Roddick after Wimbledon

Q. What did you say to him when you shook hands?

ANDY RODDICK: I just said, "Congratulations." There's not much else to say. I have loads of respect for him, as a person as well. I told him, I've told him before, "I'd love to hate you, but you're really nice."

Q. On that note, there's just so much gushing and gushing over him. Can you think of one negative thing to say about Roger Federer?

ANDY RODDICK: Well, he cut his hair. That's all we had going for us before. There's not much to say other than, you know, if I said anything else, it would be out of jealousy or out of me wanting to win or out of spite.

...

Q. What is it like mentally to be in a situation like that when you're throwing out your best stuff, have a couple good points, it's almost like he teases you into thinking you have a chance? How do you deal with that mentally?

ANDY RODDICK: Sounds like my life in high school (laughter).
... (answer continues)

....

Q. You said sometimes you have to just tip your hat to him. Are you able to do that during the heat of a game?

ANDY RODDICK: No. I'm in denial the whole time I'm out there (smiling).

Link

Wish I could have seen it but I slept through my alarm again. Missed seeing Venus win yesterdat too. Meh.

Anyone got either of them taped?